Anatolian Heritage Federation represents 20 charity and non-profit organizations in Canada. These organizations have been active in 6 provinces starting from 2003 in the following fields: preserving and promoting the cultural heritage of its members, providing educational programs to its members and society at large, assisting business people in establishing themselves in Canada, organizing humanitarian relief activities and providing support to newcomers, and contributing to diversity and social cohesion through education and engagement projects.
AHF helps its member organizations in developing human resources, financial resources, and governance capacities by sharing best practices, organizing workshops/professional training, providing consultancy by its subject matter experts, and facilitating a better collaboration/facilitation among its member organizations to accomplish their mission, reach their fullest potential and to avoid any potential pitfalls.
In this regard, AHF will provide services in areas such as human resources, governance, developing projects/policies, and other much-needed resources.
Anatolian Heritage Federation is composed of many diverse organizations dedicated to sharing best practices, inspiring ideas to better serve communities in education, and interfaith understanding to elevate humanity and bring greater peace.
AHF serves as:
- A strong stage for cooperation and binding together voices for our part and accomplice associations around the nation to help fortify their local area administration projects. An umbrella organization to develop vision and plans for organizational structure and activities for its members in Canada.
- A focal/dependable channel to distinguish and address difficulties looked at by the local area and propose warning arrangements.
We will likely form dependable connections to work together on significant assistance projects that add to the social texture of Canada and help elevate all-inclusive standards to add to more prominent agreement and harmony.
The mission of AHF is to provide a platform for its members to facilitate networking, share best practices, and inspire ideas to better serve local communities in education, interfaith dialogue and social welfare.
Anatolian Heritage Federation is committed to the ideals of living together in peace and serving humanity, and it works within the framework of social responsibility and philanthropy. AHF is centered on the concept of altruistic volunteerism, and it prioritizes education, interfaith dialogue, and humanitarian aid in its activities.
AHF member institutions must:
- be dedicated to serving the community in accordance with the law of Canada and the universal humanitarian values;
- fight against all extremism, radicalism, exclusion, and discrimination; be against all kinds of violence;
- promote multiculturalism, tolerance, and intercultural, inter-faith, and intra-faith dialogue; and
- serve through education, community service, and humanitarian aid to help eliminate or reduce ignorance, violence, conflict, and poverty in their respective communities.
AHF has adopted the motto “Embracing future through the legacy of ages”. We hope to make a contribution to the cultural fabric of Canada, like many cultures before us.
Canada has attracted people in search of a share of a dream from all corners of the world. Since Canada is known for its immigration history, the Canadian society has often been described as a “cultural mosaic”. Composed of citizens from all over the world including Turkey (Anatolia) in Canada as a part of its cultural mosaic. Anatolia is a region which has a legacy of ages that gave birth to today’s many great civilizations: Hittites, Lydians, Persians, Greeks, Romans,Byzantine, Seljuks, Ottomans and modern Turkey just to name a few.